Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Friday, March 27, 2009

TROGON QUETZAL


One of the Trogon species these beautiful birds range from South eastern Arizona to Argentina.

The Quetzal's habitat is rain forest from southern Mexico to Bolivia. The Quetzal was the sacred bird of the ancient Mayans. It is also the national emblem of Guatemala who's currency also happens to be the Quetzel.

For sheer beauty and gorgeous plumage few birds surpass this one. This is also a water colour painting from my 2009 series.

I suppose whenever I lack inspiration or cannot think of something to paint then I will always revert to painting these beautiful creatures. I get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment out of painting birds.

The sheer number of them with all the amazing colours will ensure that I always have plenty of material to paint.

5 comments:

storybeader said...

it's beautiful! It's tail - look like fern leaves!?!

On a Whimsey said...

This is gorgeous and your bird looks so cute!

Duni said...

This is a beautiful painting. I love that exotic bird. We have an aviary in our garden and I love watching the birds and listening to their song in the morning.

Audrey said...

That is a beautiful painting!! You do amazing work.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

This one is really neat!